The Most Dangerous Place: Pakistan’s Lawless Frontier by Imtiaz Gul
Penguin Paperback / On Sale: May 31, 2011
With a new preface from the author
In The Most Dangerous Place: Pakistan’s Lawless Frontier, veteran Pakistani journalist and broadcaster Imtiaz Gul offers a definitive exposé of a region that few Americans can penetrate, and that we need urgently need to understand.
Courageously reported and based on hundreds of interviews with key players (both Pakistani and American), The Most Dangerous Place brings into question some of our fundamental assumptions about Pakistan:
- What can be done to reign in the terror groups attacking India and Afghanistan and Pakistan itself while using the Pakistani territory as their base?
- Are sections of the Pakistani military establishment supporting some of these groups? If so which ones, and why?
- Is Pakistan’s nuclear arsenal at risk of falling into the hands of the most-feared terrorist organizations in the world?
- Did the disastrous floods in the summer of 2010 strengthen the hand of the militants?
- What did Wikileaks reveal about our relationship with the Pakistani military?